Re:

From: Paul Williams <pcw@hooked.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 23:16:46 -0700
To: www-talk@www10.w3.org
>Hello List,
>
>        I have a couple of questions regarding .CGI scripts.  Could someone
>point me to a good introduction to scripts?  Am I correct in understanding
>that the scripts are generally written in C?  That is no good for me (since
>I don't code).  That being the case, are there any scripts already written
>that are available to the non-programmer?

1) there are a few hyperlinks for cgi scripting, but imho the best is
http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi

2) scripts can be written in any language that can accecpt command line
arguments.  Most typical scripts are written in shell scripting languages,
PERL, or C.

>        See, my situation is this:  I'm an Intern here at Georgia Southern
>University, and while I have a good deal of Intneret experience, and I can
>write good html, I'm totally unfamiliar with scripts and programming and
>the like.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

my advice:  learn perl.

 _   /|  | If you _really_ want to see what I would    | GAT(GCS) -d+ -p+ c++ |
 \,o.O'  | like to put here, finger pcw@hooked.net     | l u+ e+(++) m@ s+/++ |
    U    | Please send all mail through pcw@hooked.net | w++ t++(@) r- y?     |
         Prodigy?  Are you kidding? -------------------+----- AOL: Just say NO!