Re: Common Log format

From: James Gwertzman <gwertzma@das.harvard.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 09:50:08 -0400
To: C.J.Adie@ed.ac.uk
Cc: www-talk@www10.w3.org
One other field that we have found very useful is to also record the
time that the object was last modified; this information is useful for
calculating how often your files change, and which objects change
frequently versus those objects that don't change too
frequently. We needed this information in order to analyze various
cache consistency protocols; your mileage may vary.