Re: Another approach to agent architecture [ was Re: agents .. ]

From: Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb@nsb.fv.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 16:17:23 -0400 (EDT)
To: nitin@borwankar.com
Cc: nitin@borwankar.com, www-talk@www10.w3.org, safe-tcl@cs.utk.edu
Excerpts from mail: 7-Apr-95 Re: Another approach to age..
nitin@borwankar.com (5282*)

> If the safe-tcl community can build translators to/from the safe versions
> of these languages from/to safe-tcl ( assuming this can be done ) then there
> may be less of a problem.

This strikes me as the $64M question.  Language translators are a
difficult thing to get right.  I have no idea, a priori, whether it is
easier to translate Python and Scheme into Tcl, or Python and Tcl into
Scheme, or Scheme and Tcl into Python.  I don't see any path to a quick
answer, and that concerns me.  -- Nathaniel
--------
Nathaniel S. Borenstein <nsb@nsb.fv.com>
Chief Scientist, First Virtual Holdings Incorporated
Phone (+1 201 540-8967)  (fax 993-3032)
PGP key: finger nsb@nsb.fv.com  (Fingerprints: call or see my business card)
| When PRIVACY Is Outlawed...Only OUTLAWS Will Have Privacy!  |
| >>> I SUPPORT THE PHIL ZIMMERMANN LEGAL DEFENSE FUND! <<<   |
| Email: zldf@clark.net      http://www.netresponse.com/zldf  |