Re: Fwd: INTERNET VIRUS ALERT

From: Richard L. Goerwitz <goer@mithra-orinst.uchicago.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 95 11:27:55 CST
To: jern@spaceaix.jhuapl.edu, www-talk@www10.w3.org
>>..Other hysteria deleted...
>>
>> If the program is not stopped, the computer's processor will be placed
>> in an nth-complexity infinite binary loop which can severly damage the
>> processor.
>
>Best laugh I've had on www-talk but how does this stuff get in here?

Just wait.  It's going to get much worse before it gets any better.
The Internet has, until now, been the haunt mainly of academics, re-
search groups, and bright young university students.

Notice how many of the nutty postings come from .com, .aol, etc. ad-
dresses....

Richard Goerwitz
goer@midway.uchicago.edu