Includes nuke some headers? (NCSA)

From: Blake Sobiloff <bsobilof@inet.ed.gov>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 16:17:04 -0500
To: www-talk@www10.w3.org
Hi all,
        I discovered an interesting artifact of turning on server-side
includes in NCSA's httpd 1.3R: it seems to inhibit the sending of both the
Last-modified and the Content-length headers. I never saw this documented,
so it took me a while to figure out why I wasn't seeing these headers from
our server! Is this a known feature? Is there a planned fix for it in 1.4?
TIA!

(Yes, I realize that providing accurate information for these fields while
including files is difficult. However, not having a Last-modified field
basically prevents our pages from being cached anywhere -- a big minus
IMHO.)

--
Blake Sobiloff                             <bsobilof@inet.ed.gov>
Internet Systems Analyst               (speaking only for myself)