Re: Hot Java is here! And it *rocks*

M Doyle writes:
> If you take a close look at Java, you'll realize that it bears a close
> similarity to Viola, since the "applets" must be coded from a predefined
> language, downloaded and locally interpreted.  Of course this is another
> "monolithic" approach (notice that java takes up 10MB of RAM and about 12 of
> disk) that assumes that one can create a single language that all
> applications can be crafted from.  API's, (such as the Eolas Weblet(TM)
> technology, http://www.eolas.com) that allow "applets" to be created using
> the most appropriate tools and then embedded in binary form within Web
> pages, are much more flexible and powerful.

Two things:
A Turing complete language does allow you to create 'all applications.
Execution times and elegance of implementation may vary according to
what problems the language aims at solving.

How does the user get a weblet in the first place?  I need a binary
that my browser will launch, if I understand the scanty documentation on
your server.  Also, how the CCI++ protocol will handle inline browser
animation (for example) doesn't seem very clear.

To me it looks like   Java + scripts  == Eolas + n helper apps

Christian "webhead <*>"

P.S: congrats on patent 4847604 - I think I'm gonna be sick...