CGI PATH_TRANSLATED variable?

From: George Phillips <phillips@cs.ubc.ca>
Date: Wed Mar 22 21:01:08 1995
To: mwm@contessa.phone.net (return)
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www10.w3.org> (return)
If I recall correctly, it contains the actual path to the CGI program
and the PATH_INFO.   For example, if you have a URL:

	http://host.com/cgi-bin/prog/the/path

that results in the program

	/usr/web/cgi-bin/prog

being run with PATH_INFO set to "/the/path", then PATH_TRANSLATED is:

	/usr/web/cgi-bin/prog/the/path

Rob McCool had some pretty good sounding use for this, but I don't
remember what it was and a fairly quick perusal of the www-talk archives
didn't turn up much.

Disclaimer:  I never did bother putting this in my server so I may be way
wrong.