Re: HTML3 browser for VMS

From: <uid#15033@dxal18.cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 12:05:05 +0900
To: hallam@dxal18.cern.ch (USENET), lilley@afsmail.cern.ch (lilley ), www-talk@w3.org

>I would suggest waiting until the source for Arena is released, then porting
>that. I suspect the multi-threaded stuff should port fairly cleanly onto the
>Posix threads in OpenVMS; you may need to watch out for 32-bit-isms as I doubt
>the code will be 64-bit clean (? Does Arena have an AXP OSF/1 port? If so
>that problem should be taken care of.)

There should be no desperate problems with such a port. OpenVMS for AXP may run
on a 64 bit machine but its a 32 bit operating system. There is a 64 bit port
for OSF/1 in any case. The only real problem would be the library which might
possibly have diverged and started using the odd crass UNIXism.

Any volunteers?

--
Phillip M. Hallam-Baker

Not Speaking for anyone else.