Re: Client-side highlighting; tag proposal

From: Rick Silterra <rs@sun09.cci.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 1995 10:56:24 -0500
To: www-talk@www10.w3.org
Cc: rs@sun09.humb.nt.com
With respect to all these proposals for client side
highlighting;
If we could solve this, I think we would also have a solution for
non-embedded hyperlinks, which are also a solution for shared/group
annotation.
We seem to be saying:
"I need to apply markup to this document dynamically based on results of
some operation", in this case search, in other cases, annotation.
So, I do not have a solution, just the comment that a solution would
be useful in other contexts.
Rick Silterra
rs@cci.com