ITU T.171

From: Yuval Shahar <cyusta@taux01.nsc.com>
Date: Tue Mar 7 12:07:49 1995
To: www-talk@www10.w3.org
Cc: cyusta@taux01.nsc.com

 Apparently there is an ISO standard dealing with hypermedia (13522), which
 I was unaware of until it was recently submitted to ITU SG8 (as a draft rec
 for T.171).

 Briefly, the standard describes a syntax for coding "multimedia and
 hypermedia" objects. The syntax is either ASN.1 or an SGML DTD (which are
 supposed to be isomorphic for this purpose), and the encoding is either BER
 or SDIF respectively (where SDIF is the ISO SGML Interchange format, which
 I am not familiar with). The standard also supports realtime objects, and
 is targeted towards TV oriented navigation, information kiosks, home
 shopping, games etc.

 Has anyone in www-land studied this document in the context of the Web? Is
 anyone aware of conforming applications? Does anyone have a URL for HyperODA
 (the ODA extensions for hypermedia) and SMSL (the ISO hypermedia oriented
 scripting language)?

 Thanks,
  Yuval