Re: Meeting with the TAG at TPAC

Hi Hadley

On 2022-07-26 19:29, Hadley Beeman wrote:
> We the W3CTAG[1] are beginning to plan our time over TPAC, and are
> looking forward to seeing many of you in person for the first time in
> quite a while.
>
> Could we be of any help to you?

Web Fonts WG discussed this offer on yesterday's call. We are meeting at
TPAC, and we have started early wide review [1] of our current work
product, Incremental Font Transfer [2].

In addition to horizontal review, this includes technical review by the
Web Perf WG and the IETF HTTP WG.

Our feeling is that we can best maximize the benefit of a TAG review by
first coming to consensus on, and integrating into the spec, the
feedback from the other parts of wide review. This /might /be done by
TPAC but we are not certain that it will be.

Therefore, while thanking TAG for the offer, we expect to request TAG
review some time /after /TPAC and do not consider that requesting TAG
time during TPAC would be the best use of your valuable but limited time.

Of course, any TAG member who happens to have an interest or has already
read the IFT spec and has comments, is most welcome to attend and/or
raise issues on our GitHub repo!

[1] https://github.com/w3c/IFT/issues/33
[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/IFT/

--