RE: Principles of Identity in Web Architecture

In the traditional web architecture, we distinguished between a resource and a representation of that resource. What is it that a (uniform) Resource Locator locates? A resource. What is it a Uniform Resource Identifier identifies? A resource.
Does a resource have many identifiers? Certainly; countably many.  What is a resource? (recursive nonsense) "anything".

I'm still not sure after browsing this discussion why "Principles of Identity in Web Architecture" needs another kind of Identifier than a "Uniform" one for "Resources" that (in some circumstances) happen (or are expected) to be individual people (or roles or corporations).

--
https://LarryMasinter.net https://interlisp.org