Re: Principles of Identity in Web Architecture

This is a fight between two bald men over a comb, to quote Borges.

   "identity" != "identity"

It is obvious that Pat is using the word "identity" in a different sense
than others.  Is there a better word that could be used instead?  Pat
suggested "information", but that's clearly not specific enough.

If we don't find a better term, we may have to live with the fact that
"identity" has different meanings in different contexts, and this
difference should be acknowledged in any write-up about it.

David Booth