Re: Summary of TAG resolutions on Director-Free Process proposals

From: Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 18:28:24 -0400
To: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>, 'Chris Wilson' <cwilso@google.com>
Cc: 'fantasai' <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, 'W3C TAG' <www-tag@w3.org>, 'David Singer' <singer@apple.com>, 'Florian Rivoal' <florian@rivoal.net>

On 9/15/2019 4:04 PM, Larry Masinter wrote:

> And the assumptions that it implies, that percent of members who have
> big browser-maker groups as a measure of anything, or that the goals
> of the groups taken as a whole were substantially different to warrant
> calling the current amount “overrepresented” and implicitly unfair.
> For the most part, I think that’s worth questioning.

To be clear, I did not suggest that I view overrepresented as implictly
unfair.

Additionally I was not suggesting that we change the representation.  I
said that this representation was good.  I was only saying that there
also needs to be more active involvement of the team to ensure that
issues are progressed.

Specifically, I was talking about the role of a group in resolving
formal objections.  For that role, it is critical that the broad
community views itself as well represented.