Foreign-fecth: Was: Proposal: Uniting the Web and "App" worlds

On 2015-09-14 15:51, Alex Russell wrote:
> The navigator.connect() effort died at the last Service Worker Face-to-Face, but foreign-fetch (as I outlined it here) is the logical replacement.

I didn't find much concrete information, is there a write-up somewhere?

Anyway, if this is for real, it should be a separate effort, preferably run as a W3C WG since it
would effectively be a replacement for the proprietary (and now deprecated) browser "plugins",
"localhost" services, and custom protocol handlers which are currently used to enhance the web.

There's a huge existing and potential customer-base out there!

Anders