From: Eric J. Bowman <eric@bisonsystems.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 18:29:53 -0700
To: "Eric J. Bowman" <eric@bisonsystems.net>
Cc: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, "Michael[tm] Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@hsivonen.fi>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Public TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>

> Could someone bring me up to speed, as to why this is a blank page in
> Chrome? Has text/plain been deprecated and I didn't get the memo?

Or is it FTP support that's deprecated? Yes, I have PASV enabled. I
know I've dealt with this before, thought it was fixed -- what I need
bringing up to speed on is the thinking behind apparently declaring FTP
"off the Web", or is this a regression bug in the current version of
Chrome for Win 7?

Obviously, my user expectation is to be able to view IETF RFC's in a
browser, and I'm frustrated when that expectation isn't met. Is there
somewhere other than here to comment on the living definition of "The
Web" excluding all those legacy links to FTP plaintext like RFC's? ;-)

-Eric