 >> Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 15:52:43 -0500
 >> From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
 >> IMO one of the brilliant things that Tim did in the original design of the
 >> Web was to make artful gambles on architectural choices [1] that would
 >>> tend< to have value over time.
 >
 > I strongly agree with you on that. I'm curious what document you meant
to cite
 > with the [1] there, though. (It seems like you forgot to provide a link.)
 >
 >    --Mike

Yeah, I realized I left out the referent and didn't want to bother the list
with a resend. I intended to reference Tim's design issues musings, at [1].

Anyone working on the Web, and indeed anyone interested in the design of
large-scale distributed systems should read these IMO. Fascinating to see
what was anticipated, what wasn't, and how things have worked out given the
assumptions and gambles made in the early days.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/