Re: Draft [URL] reference update to informative text

FWIW, as someone who has not been directly involved in the recent debates
on this I read the sentence:

"Most of the URL-related terms used in the HTML specification (URL,
absolute URL, relative URL, relatives schemes, scheme component, scheme
data, username, password, host, port, path, query, fragment, percent
encode, get the base, and UTF-8 percent encode) can be mapped directly to
the terminology of [RFC3986] and [RFC3987]."

...and my reaction was "what is that trying to say?". If the proposed text
had gone on to highlight one or two specific such mappings and indicated
the source of normative definitions for all the others, that would have
been helpful. Conversely, if what was meant was "[these terms] can in
principle be mapped to the terminology of  [RFC3986] and [RFC3987] but in
fact nobody has yet agreed on those mappings", then it should say that.

So, I found the quoted text to be ambiguous and for that reason unhelpful
and confusing. Thank you.

Noah