Re: FYI: Draft [URL] reference update to informative text

Hello Yves,

On 2014/10/08 16:03, Yves Lafon wrote:
> About the URL reference discussion we had during the last f2f, See
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2014Oct/0002.html

I trust you to decide which of the feedback below is technical and which
is not, and forward it appropriately.

1) (most certainly editorial): When you cite RFC 3987, please write my
family name as Dürst and not Duerst. In the RFC, the later was the only
way to write it, but in HTML, you can do better (as also suggested in
RFC 3987, see http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3987#page-45).

2) If you want more examples for the third (last) paragraph, the
treatment of character in the query part of IRIs may be a good addition.

As a general comment, while I agree with others that the situation
around URI/IRI/URL specs is quite confusing, the Note as written is a
good step forward to help readers understand the situation and how to
deal with it.

Regards,   Martin.