Re: FYI: Draft [URL] reference update to informative text

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 09:57:36 +0200
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Cc: TAG <www-tag@w3.org>
On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 9:03 AM, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org> wrote:
> About the URL reference discussion we had during the last f2f, See
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2014Oct/0002.html
>
> If you have technical feedback...

The terms in the non-normative text are not actually mapped to
anything in a normative manner making this kind of pointless. You
might as well call URLs undefined and not reference anything. (And
URLUtils was never known as URL.)

But none of this matters much I suppose since implementers and
developers cannot actually use the "HTML5 Recommendation" as it is
hopelessly out of date.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/