Re: Rough draft of Async API blog post ready for review

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014, at 04:22, Alex Russell wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 30 Sep 2014, at 15:19, Alex Russell wrote:
> > > Private draft here:
> > > https://gist.github.com/slightlyoff/43cd8c2f64a0719358fe
> > >
> > > Very sorry for:
> > >

> > >    - Taking forever with this
> > >    - My poor prose
> > >    - Not having this ready pre-meeting
> > >
> > > Grateful for any and all feedback.
> >
> > Thanks for sharing this with us, Alex. As you might be aware, I sent a
> > proposal about a Permissions API to public-webapps [1]. The proposal I
> > sent there was the outcome of discussions involving some Chrome Security
> > folks, Chrome API implementers, Chrome DevRel and Mozilla people.
> >

> These are not in conflict. The TAG needs a pattern to follow regardless
> of
> what we do with a broader API, as we've previously discussed.

It's not clear to me how they are not in conflict given that both are
APIs handling Permissions and they are not the same. My proposal was
meant to define a pattern to handle Permissions for webapps. I agree
that the TAG input on that matter would be very valuable. I reiterate my
offer and I think we should discuss those proposals during TPAC. Maybe
we could share the conclusion of that work with the TAG to seek feedback
afterwards?

-- Mounir