Re: draft of 209 proposal

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 09:16:17 +0000
To: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Cc: Philippe Le Hégaret <plh@w3.org>, Arnaud Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Eric,

On 7 March 2014 at 16:01:55, Eric Prud'hommeaux eric@w3.org wrote:
> Hey TAG folks, is there some writeup of the http-range-14 decisions
> to use 303 for '/' and 200/appropriate media type for '#' URLs?

The latest version of the TAG’s opinion on the use of URLs in data is here:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/urls-in-data/

That has references in the appendices to various discussions about 303s etc.

I’m not aware of any decisions around the “appropriate media type for ‘#’ URLs”: fragment identifiers can be used with any media type. The only thing that I think we’ve said is that they need to have a consistent meaning across the various representations of the resource. See:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/fragid-best-practices/#authors

Cheers,

Jeni
--