Re: Forced Resignation

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:58:24 -0400
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>
CC: "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>

On 6/30/2014 11:00 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:
> I can't, however, recall the TAG taking a formal vote.

If you check the record you will find that at least in past years the TAG
took formal votes quite often, usually to establish that consensus had been
reached e.g. to publish a document or to provide formal feedback to some
other group or organization. These are often recorded in the minutes in
this form:

	RESOLUTION: xxxx

It is true that the TAG doesn't typically vote on more detailed aspects of
its work, e.g. whether a given section of a draft document should be
accepted as 'status quo' or whether some technical direction seems a good
one. Still, at least until recently the TAG did not "speak as the TAG"
without a formal check by the chair that consensus had been achieved, or
failing that, objections noted. I don't know whether that custom is still
being observed.

Noah