Re: Food for thought (resurfacing)

Hi Domenic,

A fan of your work.

I was looking at node-webkit which basically uses Blink (in latest release) and V8 and wraps a simple UI around them without all the plugin subsystem, developer tools, security constraints and such. At least that's my understanding of it.

I normally do start from very naive assumptions and then narrow down to the practical path, not the other way around;)

So my game theoretic thinking is very naive here. Maybe it's better for this to be a Kickstarter project (gasp!) than a proposal for the W3C and in that scenario is follow in the footsteps of node-webkit and see how messy it is to work with the various rendering and JS engines.

I do feel that it is not an impossible project to pursue but sadly it's beyond my own skill set. In that there is an admission that I don't know enough to make any assertion but I'm hoping someone else who does would chime about the practicality of using something like node-webkit as the starting ground.

I'm hoping there are people on this list who want to explore this further, starting naively and experimenting to decide what's practical.

Thanks for your reply and good luck with the TAG.

Marc

Sent from my iPhone