Re: Forced Resignation

From: Eric J. Bowman <eric@bisonsystems.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 07:37:34 -0600
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Cc: "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>
Marcos Caceres wrote:

> The relevance of the TAG only extends to the work that the TAG does
> with the limited resources it has, and not by affiliation. The TAG
> can't force anyone to do anything - but can provide well reasoned and
> researched opinions that help shape the underlying platform (or
> influence the opinions of those who architecture it).

Well, that's a matter of opinion. IMNSHO, weakening http-range-14 had
more to do with affiliation than architecture, weakening credibility of
the TAG for the reversal.

> This should be clear now, with the success the "reformed" TAG has had
> over the last 2 years.

Sorry Marcos, but while I agree with some of what you've said, this
isn't clear to me now (I mostly find myself agreeing with Larry). Again,
IMNSH (and not so welcome) O, FWIW.

-Eric