Re: Is the TAG structure harmful? [Was: Fwd: Forced Resignation]

As a user of many web standards, and a reader of this list, the deeper
question is why the election of members isn't open to all members of the
web development community. It feels a little _old school_ to have members
elected by anyone other than the people who do the actual work of building
the web.

I don't doubt that it's very naive, but it's a question that might as well
be asked... since "voting" and membership has been brought up.

Bad?