From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 15:48:53 +0000
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, "www-tag\@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>
Mark Nottingham writes:

> Anecdotal evidence suggests that shared cache hit rates have fallen
> at least partially as a result of this (other possible factors: more
> dynamic sites, decreasing trust in caches), since they're left with
> just "tail."

Some non-anecdotal evidence, albeit still subject to varying
interpretations, is available in a talk summarising my analysis of
two sets of cache-logs, from June 2013 and June 2014:

  http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/HST_noREST.pdf

Start at slide 13 and stop after slide 15 if you're not interested in
my critique of REST, but just want to see the numbers.

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk