Re: [apps-discuss] Proposed charter for DBOUND WG

On 12/2/2014 11:12 PM, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
> The charter is extremely long. I suggest trying to shorten it. I'm sure
> it's possible.

I'll claim to be one of the folk responsible for causing it to be longer
than one might light.  And I believe there's been significant effort to
make the charter as short as possible, while still doing its job.

Some IETF working groups cover topics that are already reasonably
well-understood by the general Internet technical population; this
permits a relatively terse charter.

Others efforts are not so lucky.  The technology might be new or
obscure.  The problem might not be generally recognized yet.  The goal
or expected solution might not be intuitive.

When a planned activity falls into this latter camp, I believe a charter
should explain the topic and tasks well enough to give the 'general
Internet technical population' a clear understanding of problem and
goal.  That is, it needs to contain the precis of a tutorial.

Unfortunately, that takes verbiage.

d/

--
Dave Crocker