Re: Digital Textbooks and Locally-stored Student and Educational Data

Dominic,

Thank you; let’s get to productive technological and scientific topics.  I’m composing an email to clarify some of the exciting topics and opportunities: Web Browser / Digital Textbook Browser as Desktop Application: Interprocess Communication, The Facilitation of Education Technology Features and Education Workflow Scenarios across Platforms describing possible needs for features, ideation of features, and explanation of why possible features, for LMS, e-learning software, courseware and digital textbooks might require enhanced interprocess communication, viewing browsers as desktop applications.

There are topics of implementing education workflow scenarios for students with interoperating desktop applications as an alternative to a cloud storage and web services model.  Both can be phrased as architectural.  Goals include delivering features and data privacy simultaneously, the architectural topics also providing opportunities insofar as describing multivendor applications which interoperate with browsers to provide enhanced education workflows.  The goals of the conversation, then, pertain to facilitating new features from the interoperation of multivendor desktop applications, to provide teams with those options, to provide vendors with opportunities; interoperating desktop applications can be phrased as an alternative to some cloud-based and web-services-based approaches.

The topics pertain to each browser; the matter of complexity is the implementation of entirely new features for users, for students, while providing students with data privacy, the technical and architectural matter is enhancing browsers’ interprocess communication across platforms, with educational workflows, which we can each readily envision, involving multiple tabs and applications on students mobile computers.

In the thread Web Browser / Digital Textbook Browser as Desktop Application: Interprocess Communication, The Facilitation of Education Technology Features and Education Workflow Scenarios across Platforms, I will describe some of the new features, and survey interprocess communication options, towards ideation; numerous platforms have new, albeit platform-specific desktop application interoperability features, you may also be able to envision cool new features and ergonomics for educational software on mobile computers.

Kind regards,

Adam Sobieski