Re: [John C Klensin] [apps-discuss] URNs are not URIs (another look at RFC 3986)

I have seen the draft, but haven't yet had time to read it. My cursory
impression was that it gives a list of requirements, and then a radical
solution, without in any way explaining how the requirements are tied to
the solution.

In earlier discussion on the urn mailing list, my impression was that
all the requirements can be addressed within the current syntax with a
bit of compromise and engineering. In some aspects, the solutions might
be similar to the effort of audio/video fragment identifiers
(http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags/). As always when a different
community is involved, terminology is one of the hurdles that has to be
taken.

Just my 2¢ for the moment.

Regards,   Martin.