Web Architecture 101

From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:35:09 -0400
Cc: Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>
Hi,
(cc: bruce lawson)

I'm still thinking about the thread [1] "Some Feedback On Our Developer Meetup", the comments on different blog posts here [3] and there [4]. I have tried a few times to get the Web Architecture document [2] read by some of my colleagues or friends in the Web business. Many times it has been rejected as something abstract, sometimes they were put off by all the cruft at the beginning (status, etc.) Somehow parts of DesignIssues of Tim are more readable (not always).

I wonder if a good start would be to have a simplified or at least beautified version of the Web architecture documentS. Something which is more accessible and quicker to read for different classes of Web professionals (yes I avoided the term Web developer). We could do it by cherry picking some topics. The main issue is as always having paid time to do it properly.

[1]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2013Jun/thread.html#msg14
[2]: http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/
[3]: http://www.brucelawson.co.uk/2013/i-met-the-tag/
[4]: http://jorabin.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/meet-developer-yes-but-what-for.html