Re: TAG feedback on Web Audio

A suggestion:

One of the things that I think the TAG can usefully do sometimes is to
frame for members of the community the history and context for an issue
like this. Implicit in your comment, Anne, is that there has been at least
some agreement in the past to avoid data races, and that this lack is an
architectural feature on which people rely. I have no personal expertise in
the details, so I presume you are correct.

Would it make sense for you or someone on the TAG to briefly set down what
is explicitly architected and/or widely assumed regarding the current state
of play with data races, preferably with pointers to pertinent specs if
they exist?  With that in hand, it might be easier to obtain consensus that
the proposals regarding the audio APIs:

* Do or don't violate explicit provisions of normative specs regarding data
races

* Do or don't undermine less well specified platform characteristics on
which people have come to depend

* And maybe...that there are or are not shortcomings to be addressed in
those normative specifications regarding data races

Again, I have no informed opinions on the specific merits, just suggesting
a useful role the TAG might play to clarify for the many members of the
community who are less expert on this than you are. Thank you.

Noah