Re: URLs in Data Working Draft

Melvin,

On 11 Jul 2013, at 12:13, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
> "When presented with a hash URL, such as http://photo.example.com/psd/12345#comment-67890 or http://photo.example.com/psd#me, applications can locate its content by resolving the base URL"
>
> My experience on the web is that it is difficult to explain to people the value of separating documents and data using the # value, and also of having multiple data items in a document.  For example you might have an identity for a user, and also, a public key for authentication and signing.  IMHO, publication of this document will make explanation that much harder.

In what way?

> I can picture a scenario of a divided web where documents are used as entities in wilful violation of TAG recommendations, and less interoperable with standards compliant material.

Can we dig a bit more into what you mean by 'used as entities'? Do you mean that there are properties that are associated with the URIs that resolve to the documents? Can you give an example where this 'divided web' causes problems for applications consuming the data?

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com/