Re: Scope of W3C recommendations; core issue for polyglot & DRM

On 1/28/13 6:30 PM, Karl Dubost wrote:
> Kingsley,
>
> Le 28 janv. 2013 à 14:07, Kingsley Idehen a écrit :
>> Put differently, XML usage and relevance (at broad Web-scale) is on the decline.
> I have seen that sentence a few times. I have no idea how we backup this by real data on a timeline. Do you have hints? Or how do you evaluate it yourself?

For the "Web Developer" profile, all you have to do it look at places
like Github and other Open Source collectives. The trend is away from
XML to JSON.

BTW -- I use XML extensively and appreciate its utility for data
transformation and exchange, the problem is that it needs to succeed or
fail on its own merits. Squeezing it into HTML will never help XML
survive or succeed.

Links:

1. http://blog.programmableweb.com/2011/05/25/1-in-5-apis-say-bye-xml/
2.