Re: the link between "Authoritative Metadata" and "Polyglot"

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 08:28:00 +0100
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Cc: "www-tag.w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com> wrote:
> So: if you don't accept authoritative metadata for content-type, then perhaps polyglot is harmful.

I think were we ended up is a more complex picture of not being able
to abandon Content-Type and having to sniff in the generic fetching
context and certain specific loading contexts. (And looking at the URL
in the context of <embed> which is probably the ugliest bit in this
discussion.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/