Re: Precision and error handling (was URL work in HTML 5)

On 10/6/2012 9:40 PM, Michael[tm] Smith wrote:
> I don't think that's true. I think the correct architectural choice is to
> tie the media type to the spec that attempts to be the most comprehensive
> specification for the language. That's no different from the case of the
> HTML4 spec. There was not a separate author spec for HTML4 -- there was
> just one spec.

Yes, but... the HTML5 specification also, for good reason,  goes to great
lengths to document interoperable client behavior for non-conforming
content. I'm not particularly happy having that bit as part of the
registration. The registration should describe conforming content only, I
think.

Noah