Re: Minutes for F2F 10/08

On 11/1/12 12:29 PM, David Booth wrote:
> The point is that the Semantic Web is about enabling machine processing.
> It doesn't really matter what data serialization is used, provided that
> the information can be interpreted by machine.  If it can be interpreted
> by machine, then it is logically equivalent to RDF.  Since RDF is syntax
> independent,*any*  structured data format can be viewed as a
> serialization of RDF, including RDF/XML, N3, Turtle, JSON, XML, CSV,
> etc.

Yes!

I'll just add that when you make the statement above it's important to
emphasize the following:

1. RDF is  an entity relationship oriented data model
2. RDF adds explicit relationships semantics to this model in a manner
that's machine and human discernible .

With the above in place, using CSV, ASN.1, JSON, OData etc.. as RDF
model serialization formats becomes easier to comprehend.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO