Re: acct: scheme thread

On 12 June 2012 18:07, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Further to lunchtime discussion at TAG f2f, one thread of discussion
> about this proposed new URI scheme in the context of discovery starts
> here:
>
>  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg05957.html

See also the original motivation:

http://hueniverse.com/2009/08/making-the-case-for-a-new-acct-uri-scheme/

In a nutshell acct: has mixed support, some pro and some against.

Some of the techniques that are W3C RECs such as SPARQL, VOID, named graphs
etc., seem to be less well known on the IETF lists

acct: is currently part of the merged Webfinger / Simple Web Discovery RFC,
and there is some discussion about splitting acct: out to it's own
document, before trying to register it with IANA