Re: HTML5 proposes introduction of new family of URI schemes

On 2012/01/20 3:13, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2012-01-19 19:00, David Booth wrote:

>> What other options are being considered?

> Instead (stealing an idea mentioned earlier), it could simply define a
> new URI scheme "web", and manage that namespace itself. At least that
> would contain the effects of this experiment.

I'm not sure what the difference would be between having e.g.,
"web+acme:hello" and "web:acme:hello", except for a multi-level
structure where potential inventors of a new protocol/scheme get more
confused than necessary.

Regards,   Martin.