Re: TAG Work Plan pages updated to reflect F2F decisions

On 1/16/2012 6:53 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:
> Sure thing. It's just that since the product page says "the TAG will
> consider restaffing this effort as new members join" and the concept of
> API minimisation came from DAP, I didn't expect the consensus to give
> me much choice in this matter

First of all, you always get significant say in what you work on.
Furthermore, while Dan expressed some optimism that if elected you might be
interested in working on this, the TAG needs to recommit to a plan with
goals and dates in any case. Your willingness to do that is much
appreciated, and of course greatly increases the chance that we can proceed
quickly. The next step is the preparation of a proposed plan for the TAG to
consider, and I appreciate your agreeing to draft one:

> Noah Mendelsohn wrote:
>> You can probably figure out from the other product pages linked at [1]
>> what sort of plans we try to put in place before investing in serious
>> project work, I.e. setting out overall project goals, success criteria
>> (which typically should include actual impact on the community, as
>> opposed to just "we shipped a document"), proposed dates for
>> deliverables, etc. Suggestion: would you care to draft a proposed
>> revision to the API Minimization product page at [2], giving your
>> ideas on what we should do and when? That would, IMO, be an excellent
>> basis for discussion with the group.
> Sure, I can do that in the next two weeks.

Great. I've taken the liberty of assigning [1]:

ACTION-662: on - Robin Berjon - Redraft proposed product page on API
Minimization (http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/apiminimization.html) -
Due: 2012-01-31 - OPEN

The due date is a Tuesday in about two weeks (I try to aim actions for
Tuesday, which gives me a chance to consider them for inclusion in agendas
for Thursday telcons - if the date is a problem, just bump it yourself.) We
will also kill off or reassign the couple of actions DanA had on
minimization as we get a better idea of next steps.

Also, there's some risk I'll have to cancel the call on 2 Feb, so don't
drive yourself crazy trying to get this done by then.

Everything else in your response looks just fine, thank you!

Noah

[1] https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/662