Re: Comments on draft "baseline" httprange-14 replacement

On 2/17/12 3:54 PM, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> But the document has to use_some_  word in the place it currently uses
> 'meaning', doesn't it?  Seems to me_whatever_  word is used will raise
> hackles in some quarters, so the present approach, which uses it and
> then (in section 7) explicitly foregrounds the difficulties attendent
> on doing so, is the best that can be done.
Re. Linked Data context:

'meaning' could be replaced with 'description' since this is all about
identifiers that resolve to descriptor resources.

A descriptor resource is a document that describes the referent of a
de-referencable HTTP URI, where said URI names (identifies) the subject
of the descriptor resource.

A descriptor resource is a kind of information resource.

We are looking for words that clearly explain the following indirection:

SubjectName->SubjectDescriptorResourceAddress->SubjectDescriptionRepresentation
(an eav/spo graph pictorial) .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen