Re: FYI, tag election links

I read the blogs in the links below and I agree with most of the arguments they make.
The W3C has made efforts to reach out to the developer community and address their
concerns.  There was the meet-up in Lyon and there have been several developer conferences.
But, yes, more could be done.  More could also be done to address contradictions and inconsistencies
between specs.  No disagreement about that.

But if the TAG is to be reformed, I would argue that it should become more forward-looking
and visionary -- help lead the Web to its full potential!  There are a number of important
areas that need to be worked on.   We need more powerful formalisms than RDF and we need
to be able to do at least a modicum of inference.  We need -- one of my hot buttons -- an architecture
for offline applications and we need a better system for identity on the Web.  The W3C may also
want to take positions positions on some of the legal, political and social issues around the Web.
This is controversial and we need to discuss what we can say and how and where we say it.

I've probably missed a few but that should keep the TAG busy for a while :-)

All the best, Ashok