Re: ACTION-636: Final product page for TAG work on Mime/Web

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:11:31 -0400
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
CC: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Larry,

Thank you. This was just what I was looking for. I've attempted to
incorporate your comments, either directly or with minor revision, in a new
draft at [1]. Except for moving a few things around, I've done what you
asked, with the following possible exceptions:

* I moved some of the paragraphs that I had put in my status section into
the new results section, where I think they fit better. Your proposed text
follows, unmodified.

* I implemented your suggestions relating to ongoing work by adding an
"Ongoing work section". I'm not 100% sure I got quite what you wanted, so
please check.

On 4/29/2012 11:45 PM, Larry Masinter wrote:

> In general, I am unhappy with the using the phrase "closing work" on a topic when the work isn't completed,

I'm not either, but here's the choice I faced. The main index page [2], has
two categories: completed, and no longer active. I think this is in the
middle, since the formal resolution of the TAG announced the "successful
completion of the first round of work".

I don't want to add a 3rd section to the index. I don't want to get into
rewording the resolution, which is a matter of record, but if you're
happier listing this under "no longer active" rather than "completed" I'm
fine with that. My very slight preference would be "completed", as the
closer of the two. No big deal either way for me.

So: 1) is the draft OK? if not please suggest further corrections; 2) do
you have a strong preference on where to list it status-wise in the master
index [2]?; 3) anything else before we close it and move on?

Many thanks.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/mimeweb-2012-04-30.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/