Re: A proposal involving my original reason for commenting on httpRange-14

On 4/3/12 12:01 PM, Harry Halpin wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Melvin Carvalho
> <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> Precisely. Indeed, while no-one *forces* you to use 303 redirection,
>>> you currently have to use it to count as Linked Data. Which leaves
>>> Linked Data to the true believers like Kingsley, while lots of people
>>> probably just want to mint RDF data using APIs etc.
>>
>> Harry, you dont have to use 303 to count as linked data.
>>
>> http://5stardata.info/
> I think very few people look at that web-page and many more people
> look at the Linked Data tutorial:
>
> http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/pub/linkeddatatutorial/
>
> Perhaps some people have the book, although that is unlikely.
>
> Anyways, my suggestion and analysis stands regardless of how "fuzzy"
> one wants to define Linked Data.
>
>     cheers,
>         harry

Can we not all just agree that the following hold true:

1. Structured data is linked data.
2. Linked Data has fidelity.
3. Progressive increases in Linked Data fidelity enable the Web work
better for you (machine or human).

That's it.

Facebook, Schema.org, DBpedia, LOD, Wikidata etc.. are all good. We only
*had* a problem when structured data fidelity was too lacking. That was
a loooong time ago. These are very different times.

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen