Re: URIs, used in RDF, that do not have associated documentation

On 4/1/12 11:55 AM, Pat Hayes wrote:
>> Representations/octet streams are not just a very small piece of HTTP
>> > architecture, they are the messages in a message passing protocol.
> No doubt. But HTTP does not concern itself with what these messages are *about*. Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying it should. After all, it is a transfer protocol, not an ontology language. Which is exactly my point.
>
> Pat

Really great point!

Part of the problem we have re. this whole HttpRange-14 imbroglio is the
conflation of a transport protocol and its actual payload. A 200 OK
indicates that there is a payload at a location, identified by a URL. No
dimension of Web interaction changes what a transport protocol is all
about.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen