Re: Logging out from Facebook

From reading this whole thread I understand the following logout mechanism should be as close as possible:

- remove cookies for that domain and any transcluded resources' domains
- remove local storage for the same (JS, flash, ....)
- remove stored etags
- remove or at least slightly modify cached entities last-modification dates
- close all connections

I, personally, do not think even the locale is worth keeping: the user wants to see the world with new fresh eyes of his browser; it should speak chinese if in a chinese internet café.
Doing this, I believe, leaves only the IP as possible tracker (as well as all "more elaborate analysis methods" such as usage or type patterns as reported by Björn and Henry S) which cannot easily be changed.

paul