Re: naive question: why prefer absolute URIs to # URIs for linked data?

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:24:54 -0400
To: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
CC: www-tag@w3.org
On 10/21/11 7:33 AM, Jonathan Rees wrote:
>> So I can safely conclude:
>> >
>> >  1. resource -- distraction.
> I think it is; whether you agree is up to you, and I can't vouch for
> your safety if you do.
>> >  2. non information resource -- distraction.
> Similarly.
>> >  3. information resource -- a distraction that's on its way out?
> I don't think any of us can predict what's on its way in or out.
> Personally I'm not keen on the expression, however.

Remember, I really posted with glossary completion in mind. My opinions
re. resource, information resource, and non information resources are
public knowledge. My responses above simply sought clarification of your
comments. That's it.

Re. my personal opinion, which isn't a secret: I think they are all
broken. I prefer terminology from the broader realm of computer science.
Again, I am expressing this opinion *right now* because you seem to be
making assumptions about my opinions :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO