Re: Repurposing the Hash Sign for the New Web comments

Yes, you need JS to create the URIs to identify the state.  However, once the URI
is created it can be sent to and will work with browsers that do not support JS.
In addition, the newly created URIs can be tracked by Google search engines and
web crawlers.
All the best, Ashok