Re: Repurposing the Hash Sign for the New Web comments

Hey Karl, sorry for losing you :), so, taking 2 users (1 with js), down 2
routes (#! / history).

*User1 (js) down the #! route*

Visits example.com/
Clicks on link to /two.html
Uses ajax to bring in new content
URL now example.com/#!two.html

User1 clicks on link to example.com/#!two.html
sees expected content

User2 clicks on link to example.com/#!two.html
No javascript, sees unexpected content

----

*User 2 (no js) down the #! route*

Visits example.com/
Clicks on link to /two.html
User redirected to /two.html
URL now example.com/two.html

User1 clicks on link to example.com/two.html
sees expected content

User2 clicks on link to example.com/two.html
sees expected content

----

*User1 (js) down the history route*

Visits example.com/
Clicks on link to /two.html
Uses ajax to bring in new content
URL now example.com/two.html

User1 clicks on link to example.com/two.html
sees expected content

User2 clicks on link to example.com/two.html
sees expected content

----

*User 2 (no js) down the **history** route*

Visits example.com/
Clicks on link to /two.html
User redirected to /two.html
URL now example.com/two.html

User1 clicks on link to example.com/two.html
sees expected content

User2 clicks on link to example.com/two.html
sees expected content

This is why I dont see any advantage of using the #! over the history API.
This example also doesn't include any server side redirects, which in itself
is an issue I explained before.

Does it make sense now?

Syd

Syd Lawrence