W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > March 2011

Agenda for the 17 March 2011 TAG telcon

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:58:02 -0400
Message-ID: <AANLkTi=ohBKN9tcFHmnoER-NmVi6bWmYfw6U5=1_B-eE@mail.gmail.com>
To: www-tag@w3.org
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 17 March 2011 is now
available at [1,2], and in text-only form below. Main topics:

* Any help Henry might need preparing for the upcoming IAB/IETF panel
* Any help Larry might need preparing for the IETF registries meeting
* Technical architecture relating to claims of copyright infringement
as a result of publishing hyperlinks (see links in agenda)

Jonathan (acting as chair this week)

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/03/17-agenda
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly

   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]10 March 2011 This: [4]17 March 2011
   Next: [5]24 March 2011

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/03/10-agenda
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/03/17-agenda
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/03/24-agenda

              Agenda of 17 March 2011 TAG Teleconference

   Nearby: [6]Teleconference details - [7]issues list - [8]open actions
   - [9]pending review actions - [10]www-tag archive - [11]tag archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Jonathan Rees, Scribe: Henry Thompson (unconfirmed)
          + Roll call -- Regrets: Tim Berners-Lee, Noah Mendelsohn
          + Future regrets: Tim Berners-Lee (24 March, 31 March, 7
            April)
          + Agenda Review - [12]this agenda
          + Next Meeting: 24 March 2011, Chair: Noah
          + Future scribes: Peter Linss, Yves Lafon, Jonathan Rees
    2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
          + [13]10 March 2011
    3. Administrative items
          + IAB meeting is mid-March -- this may be our last telcon
            before that
    4. Product: [14]Web Apps presentation to IETF: TAG participation in
       IETF/IAB panel at March 2011 IETF (for March 2011 IETF meeting)
          + Carried over from last week
          + Goal:
               o Continue preparation of [15]slides for IAB
                 presentation
               o Quick review of [16]Scalability slide from Noah
               o Review of [17]privacy and client-side state slides
                 from Ashok
               o Consider "architectural opportunities relating to
                 scalability of resource access" in relation to the
                 presentation ([18]ACTION-519)
               o Consider all actions relating to our participation in
                 the panel (see list in background section below)
          + Background:
               o [19]Discussion on 10 March 2011
               o [20]Discussion on 24 February 2011
               o [21]Draft slides from Henry Thompson cf.
                 [22]ACTION-530: on - Henry S. Thompson - Draft slides
                 for IETF meeting, with help from Larry Due 2011-02-22
                 - Due: 2011-02-17 - OPEN
               o Larry noted at the F2F that he also wanted to consider
                 discussing [23]ACTION-519: on - Peter Linss - Frame
                 architectural opportunities relating to scalability of
                 resource access Due: 2011-03-15 - Due: 2011-03-15 -
                 OPEN
               o [24]Scalability slide from Noah per [25]ACTION-535: on
                 - Noah Mendelsohn - Draft IAB meeting slide on
                 scalability issues. - Due: 2011-03-03 - CLOSED
               o [26]Email from Larry Masinter in relation to
                 [27]ACTION-517: on - Larry Masinter - Figure out what
                 to say about scalability of access at IETF panel -
                 Due: 2011-02-15 - CLOSED
               o [28]ACTION-500: on - Larry Masinter - Coordinate about
                 TAG participation in IETF/IAB panel at March 2011 IETF
                 - Due: 2011-02-15 - CLOSED
               o [29]ACTION-497: on - Larry Masinter - Prepare us for a
                 teleconference with IETF-IAB on possible prague IETF
                 presentation. - Due: 2010-12-21 - CLOSED
    5. Consider input to IETF meeting on registries and MIME types
          + Goals:
               o Determine what the TAG wants to happen with respect to
                 IANA registries
               o Help prepare Larry for upcoming meeting (very soon)
          + Background:
               o Email thread [30]Tracking of pending media
                 type/charset/URI registrations (Larry 19 Feb) ...
                 continuing [31]here (Larry 20 Feb) ... continuing
                 [32]here (Alexey Melnikov 5 Mar)
               o [33]MIME and the Web (draft-masinter-mime-web-info-02)
    6. [34]ISSUE-25 (deepLinking-25): Can publication of hyperlinks
       cause copyright infringment?
          + Goals:
               o Decide whether to encourage the W3C to respond to US
                 legal case which asserts copyright infringement
                 resulting from publication of Web links
               o Consider potential new technical documents that might
                 help explain or illuminate the architecture of Web
                 links
          + Background:
               o Tim Berners-Lee [35]alerts the TAG to US legal case in
                 which a Mr. Brian McCarthy has been accused of
                 copyright infringement resulting from his (alleged)
                 publication of links to copyrighted material. (See
                 also long ensuing email thread.) ([36]Criminal
                 complaint)
               o [37]Suggestion to write a technical document on
                 linking and copying (Jonathan)
               o [38]Discussion with Thinh Nguyen at 3 Dec 2010 TAG
                 telcon
               o [39]ACTION-505: on - Daniel Appelquist - Start a
                 document wrt issue-25 - Due: 2011-03-01 - OPEN
    7. Overdue Action Items:
          + [40]Overdue actions in [41]Tracker
    8. Pending Review Items:
          + [42]Pending review actions in [43]Tracker
    9. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
      [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
      [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/03/17-agenda
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/03/10-minutes
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/products/9
     [15] http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/iab_panel_2011.html
     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Mar/att-0011/Scalability.pdf
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/SlidesForHenry.pdf
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/519
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/03/10-minutes#item03
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/24-minutes#item06
     [21] http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/iab_panel_2011.html
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/530
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/519
     [24] http://www.w3.org/mid/4D6E6277.6020606%2540arcanedomain.com
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/535
     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Feb/0144.html
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/517
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/500
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/497
     [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Feb/0130.html
     [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Feb/0132.html
     [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Mar/0032.html
     [33] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-mime-web-info-02
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/25
     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Mar/0044.html
     [36] http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/dhscomplaint/
     [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Mar/0102.html
     [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/12/02-minutes.html#item01
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/505
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


    Jonathan Rees for TAG
    $Revision: 1.3 $ of $Date: 2011/03/15 14:46:20 $

   [44]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [44] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Tuesday, 15 March 2011 14:58:42 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:33:09 UTC